Monday, June 05, 2006

Tenting solo


I must have camped in someone's bedding area; it smelled like deer and I found several ticks crawling on me. I didn't notice any tracks or other sign, however. I got this little lightweight tent for cool- weather use, and this was a good opportunity to try it before the summer evenings become too hot. Setting camp while the sun was still up, it was hot inside, but the little shelter seemed pretty well ventilated. There was plenty of floor space for one person and some gear. Overhead ties would accommodate lines or a gear loft. I think it might sleep two, if they were on very friendly terms. There is ample headroom for sitting up, though it is a bit narrow for my shoulders. Breezes did not sway the tent fabric, and I want to see how it handles real winds. This little tent has a small profile and seems to have a good aerodynamic shape. With its many guy- points and stakes, I suspect this would be an excellent performer in blustery weather. I expect to enjoy this little light- weight in the coming winter, but I fear the small size would be wearisome for extended foul- weather stays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»