Thursday, September 07, 2006

Autumn events

There's light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it's not the train! Lots of things are in the air to stoke my enthusiasm. My countdown to retirement is down to 21 days. The Red Stick Fly Fishers site lists a number of events, including Fall trips, a meeting Monday night, the annual Hunting & Fishing Day stuff at Waddill WMA. Archery season starts October 1, and I'm beside myself anticipating actually spending some leisure time in the woods. This is my favorite time of the year! It's cool in the mornings, weather is mostly dry and sunny, the critters are active, and my neck starts swelling, too.

2 comments:

jim said...

Bud, congratulations on your coming transition from working for a living to living for a living. Good luck with the hunting and fishing! Jim

budforester said...

Thanks Jim, I hope to spend more time in your neck of the woods, too.