Monday, March 19, 2007

Drying out


It was colder than I had expected: 32 degrees on my little zipper- pull thermometer. I stirred up the coffee- makings without leaving the covers, and lazed there sipping coffee and watching daylight arrive. When I sat up to dress, I brushed the tent wall and got a wet sleeve. Condensate can be a problem in some tents, especially small ones and in cold and damp conditions. I’m still in the learning curve with this little tent: need more ventilation next time. The sunny morning warmed quickly, and I soon had my gear dry and packed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really in there? What kind of tent is it?
Cassie :-)

budforester said...

Yes, I can fit; could get in a second person if they were very small or very friendly. For the last quarter- century, I've been using tents by Eureeka! which are pretty good quality, with features and colors I like, and they cost considerably less than some of those fancy brands.