Saturday, March 03, 2007

Red Stick Day



It was a beautiful day! It was clear and cool, with the trees budding out. Everyone seemed to have spring fever as bad as I do. My boy was after the bass which were visible all along the shallow pond edges; they examined every offering, but refused to bite. Red Stick Day is the annual gathering of the local fly- fishing club. I visited friends and saw some interesting demonstrations and presentations. I did not win any prizes in the raffles, though. I surely lusted after a beautiful little pack rod made by a fellow club- member, but didn't win it. Lunch was a special treat: crawfish etouffee (pronounced A- 2- FAY), first crawfish I've had this year.
The kayak demonstrations were popular, and there was much interest in the new model that The Backpacker had brought along. Back amid the turmoil of my residence, I forgot to view the lunar eclipse; when I dashed outside, the moon was already high and the eclipse was over... guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

No comments: