Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A walk in the park


I hiked over to City Park this morning, trying to loosen some joints… must be another cold front coming. I also wanted to see what progress was being made on the park renovations. There was construction proceeding on buildings and the golf course had added some nice cement walkways (or driveways for carts?). The bayou (Duplantier?) which flows into City Park Lake seemed wider. Maybe it has been worked; high water was unlikely, as the lake, itself, seemed low. Water quality still looked pretty good, but murkiness was growing with the warm weather and sunshine. I need to come back with my fly rod! I circled back the long way, and passed by that ship’s bow display. A few years ago, Little Sister and I liked to climb the back side of that concrete form… quite a few years ago.

No comments: