Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring afternoon


It was nice in the swamp this afternoon, but I had to check the time often... that change keeps me confused for several days. I saw wood ducks, squirrels, crows, turtles, but no snakes or mosquitoes. The picture is mostly a test- shot. I wanted to test a full- size pic with lower resolution, rather than compressing a higher- resolution one to save file space. It's a shot that interests me, though. Most of that lush growth is stinging nettles, but I see a trillium blossom peeking through the tangle. Nettles are said to be edible, but I haven't tried them; gotta use gloves to pick them.
Edit: Ja, that works OK; click the pic and it comes up large. It's lower resolution to load fast and save disk space. And it is still good enough for my show- and- tell purposes. I'll probably continue using that format.

No comments: