Saturday, April 22, 2006

Burp; Yawn; I had my fish- fry

Well, I really did it: first time in my life I bought fish. We celebrated Mom's and Baby Sister's birthdays ( and Earth Day too, I guess). The store- bought catfish were good too... and cheaper and a whole bunch easier and more convenient than the ones I caught. As it turned out, I would have had plenty catfish without the purchase. I could have also thawed some other fish from the freezer so I wouldn't run short, but they were not large ones and I didn't know how well the bony game fish would go over.

I was pleased with the outcome... thanks, sisters for your marvelous dishes. I also fixed Corn Maque Choux and some black- eyed peas perked up with a hint of oregano. Fish fries often include hush puppies and french fries, but that seems an overload of fried stuff; more grease than we need. Also, fix- ahead side dishes released me from the deep- fryer... all I had to cook was the fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»