Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fishing Report




Here' s my boy with a catfish. The bass and brim are still not cooperating with me. I have made the threats... multiple times. Well, I finally broke down and set a trotline; took my son to Butte La Rose after work last night; got off at 9:00. I set a short line out just after midnight, ran it once during the night and again at first light. It's good for a kid to learn about such things; trotlines don't seem very sporting but can be productive when needed. I suffer no great moral pangs about line- fishing; just don't feel it confers the bragging rightsI seem to relish; it's a food- gathering technique. I much prefer to take my fish on fly tackle, and pursue them almost exclusively by that method. I have a sense of guilt about my other old fishing gear being neglected and unloved, but I guess everyone must make choices and compromises.

This morning, we cast bass bugs and and tried a variety of smaller flies but only caught a couple small brim.

3 comments:

jim said...

Bud, whatever it takes, if you're hungry. And I would have to add,a boy with a catfish is probably better than a boy with no bass. Very glad Butte La Rose paid off for you/!

Jim

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»