Thursday, October 05, 2006

Still searching... and enjoying every minute of it

I’ve been seeing many wrens. That’s a delightful little bird with a large voice. These haven’t been singing, though: they were busy hunting. I wondered whether they are still feeding one last brood of chicks, are they preparing for the change of seasons, or has food scarcity with the dry weather necessitated more hunting effort. I had noted the absence of armadillos; they usually rummage around the forest duff and their noise kept me constantly on edge when watching for deer. I eventually saw some recent armadillo diggings: not fresh, but since the last rain. Searching for deer sign, I located some trails in the creek bed. Not many were crossing, though; travel was along the creek. I saw a deer Tuesday and heard and heard another. Nothing Wednesday; I stayed until full dark. [original post: Brought to you by, Cingular Wireless Messaging
http://www.CingularMe.COM/]

No comments: